Annamalai Swami Quotes and Sayings
- Meditation must be continuous. The current of meditation must be present in all your activities. With practice, meditation and work can go on simultaneously.
- Go deeply into this feeling of 'I'. Be aware of it so strongly and so intensely that no other thoughts have the energy to arise and distract you. If you hold this feeling of 'I' long enough and strongly enough, the false 'I' wll vanish leaving only the unbroken awareness of the real, immanent 'I', consciousness itself..
- In every moment you only have one real choice: to be aware of the Self or to identify with the body and the mind.
- Self-inquiry must be done continuously. It doesn't work if you regard it as a part-time activity.
- Continuous attentiveness will only come with long practice. If you are truly watchful, each thought will dissolve at the moment that it appears. But to reach this level of disassociation you must have no attachments at all. If you have the slightest interest in any particular thought, it will evade your attentiveness, connect with other thoughts, and take over your mind for a few seconds. This will happen more easily if you are accustomed to reacting emotionally to a particular thought.